Hall Contracting of Kentucky Inc. – Matewan, WV
|HALL CONTRACTING OF KENTUCKY, INC.
Excavator Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the construction excavator. The Excavator Operator uses mechanical controls to operate the boom, arm and bucket to excavate, level off and work the ground.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The responsibilities of the Excavator Operator include, but are not limited to:
- Operate the excavator/hoe and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment, and clean, lubricate and refill equipment as necessary.
- Work with ground personnel in the excavation and installation process of laying pipe on line and grade.
- Ensure trench is excavated to the proper depth/grade.
- Responsible for placement of water, storm and sanitary sewer pipe in the excavation.
- Follow directions of ground crew regarding craning, gravel placement and grading.
- Cut grade with minimal time spent on excavating to ensure production is on schedule.
- Conduct trench work, which meets OSHA requirements.
- Operate Excavator on public roadways, maintaining proper awareness of ones surroundings.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the Excavator
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Brings problems to the attention of the foreman.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Regardless of other duties, has a responsibility to follow HALL Contracting of Kentucky’s safety, and quality procedures.
- Comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements
- Must be physically healthy to sit, stand, bend, and walk for up to 10-12 hours a day
- Interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Communication skills
- Confidence Abilities
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Have a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Multi-task and set priorities effectively
- Excellent hand, eye and foot coordination
- Accomplish goals in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent sense of balance
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to use proper personal protection equipment. Use of sunscreen and long sleeves is recommended.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work vary based on project needs. Overtime as required, Could be 50 hours a week.
Travel is expected for this position. Job is to begin Mid September and last until December 2019.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must have at least 5 years excavator operating experience. Must be at least 18 years of age. Applicants must hold a Regular Operator (Class D) driving license. Applicant must have no felonies that are violent in nature and/or theft related in the last 7 years. Applicant must have reliable transportation to and from job site. High School Diploma or GED preferred
Job Recruitment Information
Use Apply Now button below to submit your application. Or apply in person at 3800 Crittenden Drive, Louisville, KY between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Disclaimer: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EOE – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Women and Minorities encouraged to apply
VERRA Federal Contractor
Our priority for referrals of protected veterans is highly desired
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed