The Technical Support Associate I responds to basic and routine inquiries of a technical nature including hardware/software, or other designated client products. This position assists external users of the client’s technical products or services by answering questions and solving problems involved in their use.
Convergys on behalf of NETGEAR are looking for skilled IT Professionals to join their team in Cork.
Position: Level 2 Support Professional
Location: Cork, Ireland
Reports to: Team Leader
Working Hours: Evening/Nightshift – 5pm to 1:30am
Convergys provides a dynamic and challenging work environment supporting the entire NETGEAR business product line via multiple communication methods all in a professional and timely manner. Customers include IT Professionals, Engineers, Resellers and Small Businesses among other NETGEAR customers. Some knowledge of consumer class devices would be advantageous to support certain types of customers. Hands on training is provided on all product groups in a live lab environment at the commencement of employment, however prior knowledge of networking protocols and technologies would also be of benefit.
• A friendly and relaxed open plan working environment.
• Clear career progression paths and opportunities.
• Further education and skills development is both encouraged and actively facilitated.
• Competitive salary and benefits.
- Provide skilled front line Phone, Email and Chat support to business customers for NAS, Switching, Routing, Wireless and Security devices as part of the NETGEAR Business Level 2 Support structure.
• Manage a queue of varied customer tickets bringing each to a mutually satisfactory resolution, which can also include utilizing other departments or tiers of support.
• Adapt to the technical level of the customer in order to best facilitate effective communication of solutions or guidance in ongoing troubleshooting.
• Must be flexible, adaptive, and able to follow and contribute to potential directional changes a dynamic business and support structure.
• Exceed customer satisfaction, phone, productivity and other individual and team targets in NETGEAR’s recognised top support environment.
Skills & Qualifications
• Fluent English, both Oral and Written.
- CCNA / CompTIA Network+ certification or equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential, relevant experience will be taken into consideration.
- Experience of supporting NAS devices will be an advantage.
- Comprehensive understanding of PC hardware/software and be fully conversant with routed TCP/IP, Firewalls, LAN and other network technologies as well as the Windows operating system.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to support both highly technical and novice customers.
- Proven time management skills and ability to work under time pressures.
• Fantastic team spirit and mentality with a focus on customer satisfaction.
Ireland, Dublin -Santry