Naturall Capital Economics – Canberra ACT
We are seeking an Economic Consultant to join our growing business and to become part of our national team with a base in our Energy and Climate Change practice in Canberra.
- A solid skills base in economic analysis and policy development is essential.
- The role requires strong analytical skills and an understanding of energy and climate change policy and economics is desirable.
- Skills in applied cost-benefit analysis, infrastructure pricing and economic regulation as well as market approaches to natural resource management and / or non-market valuation are also valued as these will provide a sound basis for work across NCEconomics’ practice areas.
- The position will suit candidates with a strong desire to understand complex problems, find useful solutions and communicate them effectively. Initiative, creativity, attention to detail and team spirit will be key to success. Sound quantitative, written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- The successful candidate will contribute to and deliver projects in conjunction with the broader NCEconomics team.
Knowledge and experience
While the role is grounded in NCEconomics’ climate change and energy practice, we work across a broad range of areas. We are therefore seeking a candidate that can demonstrate:
- Strong analytical skills and a robust background in economics (especially microeconomics) – a must for this role.
- Skills and experience in energy and climate change policy and economics – highly valued for this role.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of NCEconomics’ focal areas would also be desirable, including: integrated water management, agriculture, ecosystem services, waste management, development and evaluation.
This role suits an individual who wants to take control of their future and realise the opportunities associate with being part of NCEconomics as it
grows domestically and internationally.
For more information, or to apply, click ‘View details’ below.