Here at Hydes, we are not only a pub operator but we also brew our own beer, and have over 150 years of history and heritage.
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you have a bubbly personality, have excellent standards, integrity and enjoy leading a team. We may have the perfect role for you.
We are now looking to recruit to our supervisory team at the Golden Lion in Rossett, to enhance our strong team, and help us be the best at what we do, and ensure ‘excellence is a habit’.
We offer comprehensive training packages, to ensure that you are to speed with the way we do things. Part of this training will also include undertaking an NVQ, through our training provider lifetime. This in turn will assist you with any career progression plans within our estate, particularly to Deputy Manager level.
- 5.6 weeks holiday & Company Pension Plan
- 50% discount card for food at some of our sites upon completion of the appropriate training.
- Free Uniform
- Competitive rate of pay
This site has lots of stories, in particular from its resident ghost – Old Jeffery! This site is nestled in the picturesque village of Rossett. Now this site is very much a destination venue in the heart of the English countryside. Serving fine wines, ale and fresh food.
The Duty Manager is a key role in making the site a success.
You will be the leader of the front of house team, knowledgeable about our products, and be heavily involved in our beer and wine initiatives. You will be the right hand man or woman to the management team at the site.
You will also have a passion for hospitality, and how to drive this forward in a team focused environment.
You will be a key part of the supervisory team, taking sole charge in the absence of the General Manager or Deputy Manager which could include some holiday relief per year. You will also be actively involved in people management and the social media drives at the site.
You will have experience at supervisor level in a similar setting, and either be looking for a move to your first Duty Manager role, or be an existing Duty Manager looking for a role with more responsibility and opportunity to learn and progress and lead the team forward.
You should have previous experience within a busy hospitality environment where you had day to day dealings with, cask ale, fresh food and with some exposure to stock control systems and processes.
We are therefore looking for someone who can demonstrate the following attributes and skills to deliver and achieve ‘excellence as a habit’
- Strong front of house presence
- Strong leadership skills to be able to lead the team by example
- Socially confident with excellent interpersonal skills
- Has excellent attention to detail, demonstrating high standards of punctuality, cleanliness and personal hygiene
- Indicates a positive ‘can do attitude’
- Enjoys working to high standards and working under pressure
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Is able to respond to customers appropriately and respond to their needs including handling complaints
- Able to give clear direction, delegate effectively and adapt to change
- Strong decision making skills.
- Has the ability to coach and mentor staff as well as being approachable.
- Strong organisational skills in particular organising and running events at the site
Ideally you will have a personal license, however training including the relevant BII qualifications will be provided.