- Take on a new challenge in a cutting edge Data & Analytics team, and help us shape the future of our business
- Supporting our Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) business, you’ll be analysing data from a range of sources to help us plan and deliver business solutions
- We’re committed to mapping a career path that works for you, with a focus on helping you build new skills and engage with the latest ideas and technologies in data analytics
- This application will be running from 08/08/2018 to 05/09/2018
What you’ll do
You’ll be analysing complex data to identify issues and opportunities, and support the delivery of projects and solutions, which will ultimately improve the way we work and bring value for our customers. Your role will also involve presenting data in a clear and engaging way for colleagues and stakeholders, so it can be used to inform strategic decision making.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Taking the lead on project components and coaching more junior members of the team
- Providing high quality analytical input to support innovative processes and problem resolution
- Performing data extraction, storage, collation and analysis across multiple data domains
- Developing and performing standard queries to ensure data quality and identify data gaps and inconsistencies
- Mapping appropriate data for usage in new or existing solutions as well as for on-going data activities
- Interpreting customer needs and turning them into functional or data requirements and process models
The skills you’ll need
You’ll need experience analysing risks and returns for commercial banking, experience analysing data for customers in Large Corporates and Real Estate areas of business, and experience working with pricing models and drawing insights from underlying data.
You’ll also need:
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with a high attention to detail
- The ability to interpret customer needs and turning them into functional or data requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive experience with SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Visual Analytics
- Extensive experience using SQL preferably on Teradata and Oracle
You’ll also need a degree in mathematical disciplines or statistics, and it’s preferred if you have a degree in Finance or Business.
How we’ll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you’ll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles – find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.