Hall Contracting of Kentucky Inc. – Matewan, WV
|HALL CONTRACTING OF KENTUCKY, INC.
The Operator operates several types of power construction equipment, such as cranes, excavators, tractors, scrapers, motor graders, loaders or trenchers to excavate, move and grade earth, erect structural and reinforcing steel, pour concrete and move materials around the project.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Checks fluid levels and refills them every day before starting the equipment.
- Warms up the equipment.
- Adjusts hand wheels and depresses pedals to drive machine and control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers, and swing booms.
- Monitors the operating condition of the equipment and notifies the superintendent of any problems.
- Daily greasing of equipment.
- Ability to read machine manuals and load charts.
- Working knowledge of hand signals.
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Brings problems to the attention of the foreman.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements
- Interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Communication skills
- Confidence Abilities
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Have a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Multi-task and set priorities effectively
- Excellent hand, eye and foot coordination
- Accomplish goals in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent sense of balance
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be physically healthy to stand, bend, and walk for up to 10-12 hours a day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to use proper personal protection equipment. Use of sunscreen and long sleeves is recommended.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work vary based on project needs. Overtime as required.
Travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED preferred. Four (4) year minimum of previous experience in operating construction equipment. Must have experience operating 300 ton crawler crane. Applicant must have no felonies that are violent in nature and/or theft related in the last seven (7) years. Applicant must have reliable transportation to and from job site.
Job Recruitment Information
Use Apply Now button below to submit your application. Or apply in person at 3800 Crittenden Drive, Louisville, KY between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Disclaimer: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EOE – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Women and Minorities encouraged to apply
VERRA Federal Contractor
Our priority for referrals of protected veterans is highly desired
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed