|CookNYIT Dining Services
– Old Westbury, NY
NYIT Dining Services is seeking talented culinary professionals to join our established and growing team!
Full-time and Part-time positions available
- Excellent benefits
- Work/life balance!
- Vacation, personal, sick and paid holidays!
- Pension plan and tuition benefits for employee and family
Cook Principal Responsibilities:
- Adhere to a daily work plan provided by Area Supervisor including tasks and timelines
- Prepare and cook food according to daily meal plan in short order and a la carte fashion in accordance to recipes and procedures set forth by Executive Chef
- Develop daily food preparation and production lists based on daily usage and menus planned for events
- Coordinate with supervisor and other management team members to assist in making adjustments in quantity and timing of meals based upon changes in group size
- Work together with supervisor and co-workers to coordinate meal preparation and presentation from kitchen to floor (including layout of buffets and cooking stations); ensure quality and quantity control
- Notify supervisor if orders for food need to be placed and work with co-workers and supervisor in requisitioning foods, grab and go from commissary, or purchasing agents
- Assist in receiving orders
- Take and document time and temperature logs consistently throughout the day
- Maintain standards of sanitation, kitchen hygiene, and food service techniques and safety
- Clean and organize of all areas including work stations, refrigerators, walk-ins, storage rooms, and general employee areas
- Adhere to weekly schedule set forth by Area Supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Educational Requirements: High school or Equivalent), plus one to two years’ of experience in a commercial kitchen setting, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired
- Must have or be working toward Serve-Safe Certification, and follow the HACCP policies and procedures
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform basic mathematics including: adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Please apply online @ https://careers-nyit.icims.com/jobs/1278/cook-campus-dining/job
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Please review all application instructions before applying to NYIT Dining Services.
This employer accepts applications via Indeed.
Other jobs you may like
Cooking StaffFull House Organic Greenvale, NY13 days ago
CookKids by the Bunch Syosset, NY3 days ago
CookAmf Syosset Lanes Syosset, NY30 days ago
CookGlen Cove Mansion Glen Cove, NY22 days ago
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed