Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Are you looking to join a team that is developing truly cutting edge capabilities? Are you excited about the opportunity to unlock the power of Big Data assets? Do you enjoy fully owning your innovative analyses and insights from start to finish? Are you excited about the opportunity to become a thought leader on Wayfair’s rapidly evolving competitive landscape? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, cross-functional, and collaborative work environment that evolves over time?
This role will help create first-of-its-kind, data-driven, recommendations and dynamic visualizations that will enable key stakeholders to be more efficient, targeted, and strategic in their day-to-day decisions. It will contribute directly to a rapidly-growing team whose mission is to develop highly visible insights to senior leadership and key stakeholders across every aspect of the business, including pricing, product selection, merchandising, supply chain, exclusive branding, marketing, customer satisfaction, and more.
Responsibilities of this role include developing analyses and insights using Big Data assets, becoming a subject matter expert across key competitors, collaborating closely with data science and engineering teams to develop critical processes and dashboards, directly engaging on the creation and reporting of Big Data assets, collaborating with stakeholders to better inform business initiatives, and developing insights to support strategic executive decision making.
- Develop innovative analytical methodologies to answer strategic business questions across the organization
- Create visualizations and dashboards to effectively communicate insights from various analyses
- Collaborate closely with data scientists and engineers to develop processes and productionize visualizations
- Create reports and extract insights from our proprietary Big Data assets and deliver insights to cross-functional stakeholders
- Partner with key stakeholders to fill strategic knowledge gaps, and develop innovative solutions to generate new processes and insights
- Work closely with the team managers to develop and execute project roadmaps, including key objectives, stakeholder engagement, and milestones
- Contribute strategic ideas to shape the vision of a rapidly growing team, and continue to drive impact across the organization
Skills and expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a distinguished academic record, ideally in a quantitative field (math, economics, statistics, physics, engineering, etc.)
- 1-5 years of work experience in an analytical, consulting, technology-focused, and/or client-facing role
- Strong quantitative skills; ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Process-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Intellectually curious, high energy, and strong work ethic; passionate about working with, normalizing, and synthesizing large amounts of data into actionable insights
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks and constraints, propose potential solutions, and drive towards resolution
- Attentive to detail with a strong emphasis on quality
- SQL familiarity a plus, including motivation to learn and develop the skill-set
- Experience with Python, R, Stata, or other programming languages and statistical software a plus
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to develop truly cutting edge Big Data capabilities within a data-driven, high-growth company
- The ability to learn and develop the power of Big Data firsthand
- The ability to drive impact across every aspect of the business through generating data-driven insights
- A collaborative and forward-thinking team that continuously pushes the envelope
- A competitive salary & bonus, and great benefits including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, pension, gym membership discounts, team outings, company-wide social events, snacks, refreshments, and more
- A structured professional development program, including dozens of classes offered throughout the year through learn@work, and a formalized review process
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.