|Community Outreach Associate (Part time-Bilingual Spanish Required)-Portage Park (Chicago)Oak Street Health 59 reviews
– Chicago, IL
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Outreach Associate (Part time)
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing company of primary care centers for adults on Medicare in medically-underserved communities where there is little to no quality healthcare. Oak Street’s care is based on an entirely new model that is based on value for its patients, not on volume of services. The company is accountable for its patients’ health, spending more than twice as long with its patients and taking on the risks and costs of their care. For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
The position of an Outreach Associate (OA) is a flexible outside sales position with the goal of adding new patients to an Oak Street Health center. As part of the outreach team, the OA creates, attends and/or runs events to meet with seniors, their adult children, and community influencers to meet prospective patients and to schedule their initial welcome visit appointment with Oak Street. While an integral member of the outreach team, each OA operates independently, with discretion in deciding daily tasks, and is responsible for designing, implementing, and executing all phases of an outreach and sales strategy.
- Examples of the types of activities Outreach Associates may participate in to attract and acquire new patients:
- Plan, participate, and lead a variety of outreach/marketing activities and events in the local community, including health fairs, presentations at senior buildings, activities at churches and food pantries, and any place where older adults may benefit from learning about Oak Street service offerings.
- Manage all aspects of generating prospective patient leads, from gathering contact information, following up to invite prospective patients to tour Oak Street community centers.
- Create and/or coordinate activities in locations both in Oak Street community centers and throughout the community, including entertaining parties, bingos, trivia and karaoke.
- Develop deep ties within the community to continuously connect with new prospective patients.
- Host regular events such as educational events on specific health topics, benefit programs, ESL and creative writing classes.
- Sign up eligible prospects to attend a welcome visit with our doctor and care team to experience the Oak Street Health care model.
- Conduct individual and small group presentations discussing the benefits of Oak Street Health with the intention of scheduling initial physical exams.
- Develop strong relationships with the people in their community.
- Other duties as applicable.
- Availability to work some weekends is a must, as, due to the flexible hours and nature of the position, Outreach Associates generally work at least two Saturdays or weekend events per month.
What we’re looking for
This is a highly selective position. Ideal candidates will have:
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other workplaces, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company, focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- Paid vacation/sick time, retirement options, as well as health, vision, and dental benefits
- Supportive and fun culture
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work. In return, we expect the best out of co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply via our website: oakstreethealth.com/careers
Oak Street Health offers an outstanding primary care experience, exclusively for people with Medicare. As your primary care doctor’s office,…
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed