Clinical Leadership Project Lead
- 0.2 eft (7 hours) for 12 months with Monash Doctors Education
- Develop new Clinical Leadership Program targeted to aspiring and existing medical unit heads
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic senior medical staffer who shares our passion in building the capability of unit heads in managing and leading their teams. The successful candidate will be highly outcome-driven, with a focus on first identifying the key challenges and then designing relevant and engaging educational strategies to enable unit heads to operate successfully according to best practice in their role.
About the role
Reporting to the Director, Monash Doctors Education, you will be accountable for the design and implementation of a clinical leadership program for aspiring and existing unit heads. Working closely with senior medical staff and complementing Monash Health’s new Leadership and Management Initiative, your responsibilities will include:
- Identification of key knowledge, skills and attributes that unit heads need to attain or enhance to enable them to operate successfully in their role – for both aspiring and existing unit heads
- Identify typical challenges that aspiring and existing unit heads face, and construct potential learning activities or resources to build their capabilities
- Develop an effective strategy including program outline (for aspiring and existing unit heads) using a 70:20:10 approach, and for planned workshops, to work with presenters to ensure sessions are relevant, practical and engaging for learners
- Develop any associated collateral learning resources
- Design evaluation of the program to build on successes and refine both structure and content of ongoing leadership learning activities
You are a clinically practising senior medical practitioner. As a senior consultant, you are recognised and respected by your peers and others as having excellent leadership, collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills. Your education approaches are characterised by high quality, engaging, innovative and supportive teaching practices. An ability to deliver on objectives, whilst working in collaboration with key partners is essential.
Enquiries are encouraged, and should be directed to Dr Christina Johnson on 0410 454 535. A position description is available and applications should be made via our careers site. Interviews will occur on Friday 17th 2018 between 9-11am.