- Casual positions in the metropolitan area
- Generous Hourly Rate
- Support people in achieving their day-to-day and bigger life goals
UnitingCare West is committed to achieving justice, hope and opportunity for all, and works with people and communities so those most in need can belong and thrive. It is a not-for-profit community services organisation and part of the mission of the Uniting Church in Australia and UnitingCare national network.
UnitingCare West’s My Home service provides quality person centred services to people living with disability and/or mental health issues either in a shared accommodation setting or by offering staff supports in their own home. We currently have positions available for passionate, enthusiastic and energetic people who will work to meet the unique needs of each individual by following their support plans and helping them work towards their bigger life goals.
Applicants need to have:
- Flexibility so you can be available to work a variety of shifts
- An understanding and focus on person centred practices
- The ability to manage challenging and complex client behaviours
- Strong communication, problem solving skills, and the ability to think outside the box
- Effective time management skills and the ability to use your initiative
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A background in mental health work.
- A background in corrective services work.
You must be able to obtain a National Police Clearance and a Provide First Aid (formerly Senior First Aid) certificate. It is also essential to have a current WA ‘C class’ driver’s licence.
For more information please contact Lucy Mills, Team Leader, My Home on (08) 9355 9055 or 0437 336 569.
Applications are to be made through the SEEK website before 5.00pm, 10 August 2018, including a covering letter which addresses the above criteria and a current resume.
NOTE: The advertisement may close early if sufficient suitable applicants apply beforehand.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Your resume will be kept by us for a period of 12 months as part of our internal processes and in line with the National Privacy Provisions. If you do not wish this to happen, please contact us after the conclusion of the recruitment process.