|Background and role
GOAL’s Programme Quality (PQ) team ensures the technical quality of programme design and implementation through developing strategy and guidelines, collaboration on new programming, support visits to country programmes, internal evaluations, documenting and sharing learning, and providing external technical representation. The Cash Adviser sits within the global PQ team and links with GOAL programmes which are already implementing cash-based programming and those which are starting to use cash. The role provides support across all of GOAL’s operational countries as well as providing overall strategic guidance on GOAL’s approach to cash and developing GOAL’s cash-based programming (CBP) tools and guidelines. The role will also include resource mobilisation in CBP through pursuing technical partnerships and providing analysis and support on a range of new strategic opportunities.
Strategy and Design (approx. 20%)
- Work with all Head Office departments to facilitate organisational policies and procedures are suitable to effectively support and deliver CBP.
- Ensure that all departments have an understanding of CBP and can bring input from their technical areas to continue to strengthen delivery. Provide technical support in the redesign of organisational tools and processes to facilitate and support CBP.
- Review GOAL’s existing CBP capacity and experience and identify gaps in tools/guidance.
- Develop guidance on using CBP in systems programming.
- Identify or develop GOAL minimum standard procedures for the delivery of CBP with supporting guidance on how to apply and design projects
- Refine the GOAL CBP decision-making tool in line with GOAL strategy and procedures
Evidence and Learning (approx. 15%)
- Advise on CBP monitoring (including post-distribution) and evaluation through a variety of tools and use of Digital Data Gathering (DDG) and other Management Information Systems (MIS).
- Contribute to GOAL’s Indicator Bank and Global Indicators to support aggregated analysis and ensure there is a suite of indicators (with guidance) for use with CBP.
- Represent GOAL at a global level in cash forums including as the focal point for GOAL CaLP membership
- Identify and document innovation and lessons learned in CBP and GOAL’s added value across both humanitarian and non-humanitarian contexts.
- Provide advice to GOAL on responding to and incorporating new technologies in CBP.
Technical Advice and Support to Programme Implementation (approx. 40%)
- Support and mentor programmatic and management staff within GOAL’s operational country programmes.
- Support country teams to access learning and guidance from other countries already engaged in CBP.
- Provide support and guidance (and occasionally conduct) technical representation and engagement on CBP with donors, governments, civil society, private sector and other stakeholders.
- Identify capacity gaps in country teams’ ability to design and implement CBP and link to training resources; provide tailored training and mentoring where feasible.
- Set minimum standards of training and support implementation to ensure a common understanding across all country programmes and Head Office staff
- Work with other Technical Advisors (in Head Office and within Country Teams) to identify how, when and where cash could be used to support and improve delivery of programme outcomes across all sectors and approaches.
Resource Mobilisation (approx. 25%)
- Advise on and/or implement assessments for CBP for new funding opportunities.
- Support and advise country teams in positioning for and responding to new funding opportunities relevant to CBP.
- Provide techical review of concepts and proposals which have a CBP element.
- Identify key products/interventions that GOAL can lead on delivering
- Develop capacity statements in CBP tailored for funding opportunities.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- At least four years of experience in relief and/or development programming with two years of experience in cash-based programming.
- Ability to represent GOAL with donors, other INGOs, commercial entities and other external institutions.
- Experience in providing high quality technical input to programme design and proposals
- Experience developing training materials and in running training.
- Skilled communicator and ability to work effectively across multiple cultures, including remotely.
- An ability to quickly become familiar with relational data structures is essential, it is preferable to have experience with applications/forms with ODK-based digital data collection software (e.g. CommCare, SurveyCTO, ODK, iFormBuilder, Kobo, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 50%) including places with difficult living conditions and insecure environments.
- Strong skills in MS Office. Skills in statistical software and graphics a bonus.
- Ability to work under pressure and continually reprioritise multiple tasks as a result of new information.
- Previous experience at Adviser level.
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish and/or Arabic
- Experience working with international agencies such as: DFID, IDB, ECHO/EuropeAid USAID, UN agencies
- Advanced skills with MS Office (particularly Excel)
Salary Range: € 34,000- 47,000
Our package includes a competitive salary, 22 days annual leave and the possibility to join our Health care scheme. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.