Career Services Associate
At Goodwill Industries San Antonio, our Mission is to help change lives through the power of work. We serve our community by providing career training and placement assistance for employment. Our programs are supported with profits generated through the sale of donated goods in our Retail Stores, and revenue from business services offered through our Contract Services Division. We invest 92.6 cents of EVERY DOLLAR EARNED back into the community. This is accomplished through educational programs and career services provided through our Good Careers Academy and Good Careers Centers.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Career Services Associate who has a passion for serving others and making a difference. Join the Goodwill Team today.
San Antonio, Texas
10.71 – 13.38
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Career Services Associate will support Goodwill Industries of San Antonio by providing information regarding Goodwill’s programs, community resources and job search services to participants and the general public, including job search services include job leads, job search activities, computer assistance, and resume development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Greet visitors via phone and in person at the career services site.
2. Register visitors and program participants into Goodwill’s Client Management System and track job search and training activities.
3. Receive referrals for employment services and perform initial intake interviews on referred and walk-in participants.
4. Assist clients with job search activities, job leads, and resume development. Provide assistance to clients to register for and use career exploration and other assessment tools.
5. Proctor assessments that require this action.
6. Assist the center staff by making copies of materials, client forms, setting up classrooms, entering client data into the Client Management System and answering general inquiries.
7. Maintain internal and external job order lists and position announcements on a daily basis. Provide online login assistance to clients.
8. Initiate follow-up contact with previous visitors to assess whether tools, information, and leads provided were helpful, and to offer additional assistance.
9. Assist with Career Readiness Training orientations by screening, scheduling, and helping participants complete new hire paperwork. Establish and maintain files for program participants.
10. Submit reports to regulatory agencies as requested.
11. Collaborate with the Career Services Specialists in developing work search action plans and/or finding solutions for individual participant’s social/personal barriers to obtaining and maintaining employment.
12. Collaborate with business relations team to develop high quality job leads for clients.
13. Stock and organize resource materials and assists in maintaining cleanliness of Good Career Centers.
14. Assist with maintaining open channels of communication with sponsoring agencies, employers, and community resources agencies.
15. Provide excellent customer service by greeting, assisting, and responding to questions and/or concerns in a timely, positive, professional, and friendly manner.
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate’s degree in Human Services, Social Services, Human Resources or Education a plus
- 2-3 years’ experience working successfully in a fast-paced customer service and office environment; academic-related environment and position a plus; social services or job search experience or training a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively collaborate with multiple constituencies to achieve mission goals
- Intermediate skills in MS Office-Word, PPT, Excel, and people services databases.
**Preferably bilingual in Spanish and English.**
For more information about Goodwill Industries San Antonio, please visit our website at: www.goodwillsa.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled