What we are looking for?
We’re looking for a skilled Business Analyst to drive the elaboration of User Stories and use cases. The role involves working very closely with Product Managers and Tribe Leads to develop and document detailed user stories and use cases. The role will complement our Product Manager to fully deliver their priorities by documenting the dependencies across the product at a technical and feature level to fully elaborate and build user stories from EPICs.
Your skilled analysis and modelling the business domain creates complete pictures of work-flows and technical requirements fulfilled by existing and proposed software. These drive the creation of functional requirements and non-functional requirements in the user stories along with the acceptance criteria.
Key Traits, Experience and Skills
- You are experienced at designing and maintaining product vision, EPICs, stories and tasks
- You have proven business analyst experience crafting and maintaining backlogs using JIRA and Confluence
- Your experience in defining the business problem and primary objectives of new projects, validating the key business requirements as an end user will enable you to contribute to project sprint plans
- You are committed to solving business problems, not solely focused on software development or defining requirements for development teams
- Your ability to see the big picture, be tech savvy and have system thinking capabilities will be a key to your success
- Your strength in organising the detailed tasks necessary to complete the next Sprint will be used to its fully capacity
- Oversee requirements, walk-throughs and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that the use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs
- You will understand the product architecture and how it’s implemented; it will inform how systems are connected and work
- Work with and support developers by understanding the techniques and procedures they use
- Show an interest in learning and sharing your insights with a team
- Prepare the user stories a couple of sprints ahead and ability to update just in time and be agile. In other words, stories should be ready for sprints in advance, questions and requests from developers should be answered just in time before and during the sprint
- Assist in the design of business solutions that meet business needs and align to the strategic direction.
- Conduct stakeholder workshops to elicit business requirements.
- Demonstrated skill in applying business analysis techniques and process improvement methodologies
- You will act as a key business resource in defining processes, documenting business requirements, and finding opportunities to improve business processes and operational efficiency.
- You thrive working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated ability in conducting Gap Analysis with current documentation and processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of business process review, re-engineering and design.
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to engage stakeholders at all levels.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in a technical, IT or business related discipline.
Highly regarded traits
- Highly motivated and driven and you shine when working independently with limited direction. Your consultative approach ensures that you fit in well to a team environment and in varying customer environments.
- Coordination and influencing ability
- Ability to rapidly acquire an understanding of complex business problems/requirements to develop solutions and designs, regardless of existing areas of expertise or specialization
- You take a “big picture” view to creatively solve complex technical problems
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work in a flexible environment and be adaptable to change
- Strong testing skills and the passion to learn new techniques and practices
Why join Data Republic?
- A small company with big ambitions – It’s a great time to join Data Republic. We are funded by some of Australia’s largest companies, and we’re having a lot of success. Joining at an early stage you will get the chance to grow with the company and the opportunities that arise. We are now actively engaged in six countries globally across four continents, which is driving our growth.
- A great place to work – We started 2018 in our brand-new offices in New South Wales new start-up hub near Wynyard, along with hundreds of other start-ups. We’re fostering a company culture that cares for each other and ensures work-life balance – we want your talents, not a pound of flesh. Every employee has options to take equity in the company, so your rewards can be much bigger than just a competitive salary. We also want to ensure that data is used for social good around the world, which is driven by The Minerva Collective.
- An industry on the cutting edge – The data economy is booming, and the technology we are delivering is on the leading edge of this new economic sector. We’re working closely with business and government to make Sydney the seat of the global data economy.
About Data Republic – Helping the world decide wisely
We believe that when data can flow securely between individuals, organizations and governments, wiser decisions can be made and better outcomes delivered for both business and society as a whole.
The problem? Data exchange can be too legally complicated, risky and time-consuming.
That’s why, in 2014, our founders set out to change the way organisations exchange data – to make it safer, more secure and more scalable.
Today, our technology and ‘private by design’ ecosystem connects organisations to the data they need to tackle their most pressing business problems.
We’re proud to say that we’re backed by some big names (Westpac Reinventure, NAB Ventures, ANZ, Qualgro VC and Qantas Loyalty), but that doesn’t stop us from being a team that cares about start-up hustle, big ideas and sharing a beer on a Friday.