PAGE 1 of 4
Food & Beverage
Ocean at Main General Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Assist the general manager in all of the following tasks.Supervise the associates and daily operations of the outlet.Ensure food quality and adherence to all service standards.Lead and direct the work of the team by delegating responsibilities to associates and supervise the tasks through completion.Oversee nightly reservations, VIPs, and any special guest needs.Anticipate the guests’ needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency.Conduct ongoing training and mentoring of associates in the performance of their duties and Food and Beverage knowledge.Effectively communicate with management and chefs in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests.Conduct daily inspections to maintain furniture, fixtures, and equipment.Ensure dining room is properly maintained at a 5-star environment, including carpet, walls, light bulbs, windows, and overall general cleanliness.Be visibly present on the outlet floor during service and solicit feedback from guests.
35% Circulate on the outlet floor, continually checking with the guests and the service staff to ensure that everything is to the guests’ satisfaction.Handle guests’ complaints and thank the guests upon departure.Monitor and supervise set up and maintenance of dining room area to ensure that it is up to standard.
35%Control flow of room by seating guests in each section by rotation.Responsible for assigning and supervising all opening and/or closing side duties.Make entries into the logbook.Assist with scheduling attendants and control of greeters, servers and bus attendants.
15 %Conduct pre-meal meetings on a daily basis.Participate in ongoing training of Associates to ensure that Associates continue to improve their performance.Recognize outstanding performance by service personnel and handle discipline as per standard operating procedures.
15%Complete reports on production, fill out necessary requisitions and control distribution of necessary supplies.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the restaurant.In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all Associates are required to fully comply with Ocean at Main rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the restaurant’s facilities.Associates who violate restaurant rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the Manager based upon the particular requirements of the restaurant:
- Provide direct service to guests as needed, including, but not limited to, serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests and general clerical/cashier duties.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace. (English)
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including, but not limited to, assignment of duties, evaluating service and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Knowledge of restaurant food and beverage operations.
- Knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors.Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by restaurant environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Position requires walking and giving direction for most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different outlets and other departments of the restaurant on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch-tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
High school or equivalent education required.Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Previous restaurant experience required. The ideal candidate will have operated a fine dining establishment for one to two years
Licenses or Certificates
All Associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Ocean at Main restaurant standards. A conservative, simple and elegant style is preferred.
Employment with Ocean at Main will continue to be “at will.”This description is intended to indicate the typical kinds of tasks and levels of difficulty that are required of positions given this title.This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an Associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the Manager to assign, direct and control the work of Associates under his/her supervision.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- ServSafe Alcohol (Required)
- ServSafe (Required)
- ServSafe Food Handler (Required)
- United States (Required)