Want to start a career in Finance?
We have an excellent opportunity to really get to grips with all aspects of Finance. As an Apprentice Finance Assistant, you’ll learn all about the function from the ground up, in a friendly and professional environment, alongside day release to achieve an AAT qualification.
What will I learn about?
- monitoring and processing purchase orders and invoices
- allocating payments received from the Student Loans Company
- the preparation of the college’s bank reconciliation
- the banking of monies in the cash office
- collection of student and employer debts
What we are looking for:
- GCSE A*- C / 9 – 4 in Maths and English or equivalent
- Confidence and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word & Excel
- Enthusiasm and ability to learn quickly
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, with a high level of accuracy
Interested? See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
- Good Pension Scheme
For further details about this apprenticeship opportunity, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 13 August 2018
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.