DPR is a fast growing Private Equity-backed leading provider of origination and servicing software solutions for banks, building societies and specialist lenders in the UK and Europe. Having received Private Equity investment in June 2017, we are seeking to accelerate our growth through acquisition as well as organic growth.
Our software solutions span residential and commercial mortgages, personal loans, equity release and savings and we are driven by a desire to maximise operational efficiency and drive down costs across the sector through the innovative use of technology.
Our clients range from large high-street names to smaller niche providers and challenger banks.
With over 120 people and growing, we are based in the City (St. Katherine Docks) with offices in Bristol and Delhi. DPR has been a Microsoft Gold Partner since 2003. (www.dpr.co.uk)
In order to support our constantly growing business, we are looking for a:
Application Support Analyst
Department: Production Support
The role is direct client facing, providing day to day 3rd line application support as well as technical assistance to clients.
You will be part of the Production & Business Support Team, performing Application Support, which is the main contact point for Production Incidents and Business Support Service Requests liaising directly with DPR Clients.
Over time the job holder will be expected to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) across all day to day operational aspects of the DPR application.
The job holder will perform initial triage against all client Production Incidents and, where possible, manage these through to resolution by providing advice and guidance or correction/recovery through use of known issue work around(s) or procedure reruns.
Where resolution is not immediately possible the job holder will be expected to perform a detailed analysis of the issue, collect and collate evidence and/or diagnostics and prepare a work request submission for the relevant Project/Development team.
In addressing Incidents the job holder may also have to interface with 3rd party application service providers.
In providing a resolution the job holder will be expected to co-ordinate and record any other activities and SME(s) required to resolve the issue.
As well as updating all Issue activity via the Ticketing system, the job holder will also be expected to contribute articles to the Knowledge Base and Operational Procedures documentation.
Working from direction given by Project/Development teams, small releases will need to be performed, typically the execution of SQL scripts.
As part of the above processes, the ability to perform basic MS SQL such as executing of pre-supplied scripts and the ability to write basic enquiry scripts will be required. Good knowledge of Excel data manipulation will be advantageous. The job holder will also be expected to make small configuration changes working from direction given by Project/Development teams.
An on-call rota is in place; the job holder will be expected to participate in this rota once relevant experience has been gained.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Supporting Clients based on Tickets raised, leading to resolution
- Owner ship of Clients issues raised
- Detailed analysis of issue
- Collection and collation of evidence of issue
- Interfacing with 3rd party application providers as required
- Co-ordination of any other resources (internal or external) required to process the ticket
- Managing small implementations to Client production environments (i.e. SQL scripts)
- Produce knowledge articles based on ticket resolutions
- Produce monthly service reports as required
Required skills and experience:
- An understanding of mortgages and savings is essential, in both Origination (New Business) and Servicing (on going Administration), preferably within the Residential, Consumer market.
- Experience of dealing with clients and use of Ticket logging systems
- Excellent organisational and communications skills
- Experience of Windows architectures and basic Windows operations techniques
- Interfacing with 3rd party application service providers
- Ability to create and maintain documentation
- Ability to follow procedure
- This role requires a disciplined, thorough and meticulous individual
- Experience of financial systems preferably mortgage and/or savings systems.
- Experience in a similar role in banking/financial services organisation
- Experience of direct Client management (or significant internal user base)
- Experience of working in matrix management
- Having worked supporting an online application in the financial services market
- Workload scheduling and management
- Interfacing with 3rd party application service providers for Incident management
- Data analysis from Excel and SQL sources
Beneficial skills and experience:
Basic understanding of Windows Server O/S
- Basic understanding of MS SQL
- Basic understanding of 3 tier application architecture