2D FX Artist
Boulder Media – Dublin
The 2D FX Artist will create natural phenomenon eg splashes, lava, water, fire, explosions, magic etc. in a 2D format.
Knowledge of ToonBoom is not essential but is a big plus.
The 2D FX Artist must demonstrate experience, comprehension and a knowledge of 2D classical special effects animation.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Liaise and communicate closely with the Art Director and Animation Director.
- Use creative problem solving to create desired EFX.
- Organize and manage your own work & files efficiently according to production structure.
- Ensure work is completed on schedule and to production standards.
- Review workload & communicate any issues to the Production Team.
- Reuse existing Effects where necessary.
- The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate knowledge of 2D classical EFX animation.
- 3+ years working in Special Effects animation on a 2D animated series.
- Knowledge of ToonBoom software in a production environment is a plus.
- Solid drawing skills.
- Ability to work alongside and communicate with a talented and diverse production team.
- Effective and professional communication skills.